The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I don't want to be four...

Conversation with the kiddos...

Me "Molly do you know what today is?"
Molly "What?" (with excitement and enthusiasm)
Me "Today is your birthday!  Yay! Molly Bear."
Molly (smiling her huge smile) "It's my birthday."
Colin "You are four years old now Molly."
Molly "Nope, I three."
Colin "No, you are four years old now Molly.  I promise."
Molly (pouting) "Mommy, I don't want to be four, I want to be three again."
Me "I guess it starts early with women, huh?  Mommy says the same thing every year."
Colin "But Molly, you are four.  You are a big girl."
Molly (crying and sobbing)
Me "Just give the girl a minute bud, sometimes it is hard to accept for a few days."
Colin "But Mommy.  Molly is smart.  She knows her numbers.  She knows she is four."
Me "That doesn't mean that she has to like it...she deserves to have a little time to cry about it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment