The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Today...today I am sad...

   Today, I did something that felt completely unnatural.  I walked my son to the end of our street, waited for a bus full of strangers, put him on it, and walked away.  I know this has been happening since the beginning of time.  I know that plenty of kids ride the bus every day.  I know he will survive and even thrive in Kindergarten.  But right now, I am just scared.  I am scared because of those sweet little frightened eyes that looked back at me like, "so, what do you mean you aren't coming too??" I am hurting for how confused he must be.  I know he made it, but a simple "hey, by the way, your son made it to school" phone call would be nice.  I wanted to drop him off...Daddy thought he needed to get used to the bus and see if he liked it.  I agreed it might be a good idea, but right now, I just want to run up the school, ask the office staff if he made it, and make sure he isn't still crying...Because I know I am.

   This isn't our first school experience. He has been in preschool since he was 2 y/o.  He loved it.  I dropped him off everyday.  I picked him up.  I knew the teachers.  I subbed when they needed help.  I was never far.  This is different.  This is too new.  I hope he is feeling better.  I hope he likes his new classroom.  I hope his teacher likes him, and that he makes lots of friends.  Right now, I just hope 2:15pm comes really quick.

 My sweet Molly is sad.  She wanted to go with Colin to big kid school.  This is their first year apart since she was born.  The two musketeers have been split up.  She made a rush for the bus, and I had to gently remind her that she was staying home with Mommy.  I promised her Mommy/Mollypalooza for the next three weeks until she starts back to preschool as well.  I have no idea what we are going to do today. Well besides getting a tag for the new van...I guess I better come up with something more exciting than the tag office, or she might have something to say about my idea of a good time.




   Just a few pictures from this mornings adventure.  As you can tell, He was perfectly happy until he realized he had to get on the bus without us.  I still want to know he is ok...I forgot his nap towel (What happened to nap mats?)  I wonder if they would mind if I dropped by, brought the towel and all of the school supplies I forgot at Open House??  I already know the answer.  I need to stay home.  Actually, I need to entertain my sweet little girl.  I guess I should go find something fun to do.  Try to make the best of the time I have with one child.  But there is a hole in my heart..I can't wait to hug my little dude at the end of the day.  Good Luck to all of my fellow mommies.  Hoping you all are handling it better than me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment