The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lady Molly needs a lady's maid...

    After spending the last couple of weeks catching up with the rest of the world, I have become addicted to Downton Abbey.  I love the costumes, characters, story lines...Well I pretty much just LOVE the show completely.  I have also decided that henceforth, I shall be called Lady Bryan of Sims Drive.  It just has a nice ring to it.  So much better than Mrs. Bryan, which, mind you, I still have trouble answering to.  Even after 6.5 years of marriage.  Along with my new title, I have decided that I may be in need of a lady's maid.  Of course, I would want one like Anna, not O'Brien.  Everyone needs a lady's maid that will help you drag your dead lover back to his room...Of course, apparently my daughter has decided that she needs one as well.  Sadly, I think I am her lady's maid.

   This morning, Molly woke up, and proceeded to call for "Mommy" until I came into her room.  Our conversation went something like this...
Molly "Mommmy, Mommmmmy, Mom, Mommmy, Mommmmmmy!!!!"
Me "Yes Molly, how can I help you?"
Molly (still wrapped up in her blankets like a burrito) "I need a hug..."
Me "Ok, I can do that."  I lean over, put my head on her back, and hug her. "Is this good??"
Molly (eyes still shut tight, under her blankets) "Nooo, tooo tight..."
Me (I hug her slightly less) "Is this better for her ladyship?" (impossible not to pick up the vernacular after watching three episodes yesterday)
Molly "Ummm, yes. I need you to carry me to living room." (eyes still closed, still under the blankets)
Me "Me thinks her lady ship is in need of a lady's maid...I think you should just wait a little longer, wake up a little more, and walk out into the living room yourself."
Molly "awwww....PLEASE!!!"
Me "Yeah...nope, not gonna do it"

   I told Mike on my way out the door to take Colin to school that Her Ladyship requested a ride into the living room.  Something tells me she had to get up and walk even with the cutest pouty face in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment