The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Friday, September 28, 2012

Cute kid moments for the day...

  Cute moment number one.  I put the kids in the car, only to realize I had left the keys inside.  I ran inside to get them and returned to discover Molly roaring in her brother's direction...
Colin  "Mommy, Molly is roaring at me."
Me  "Sorry dude..."
Colin  "But Mommy, Molly is still roaring at me.  Make her stop."
Me  "What is it hurting bud??  She is just being silly."
Colin  "It's hurting my ears..."
Me  "Duly noted sir...Molly stop roaring please, you are hurting you brother's ears."
Molly  "ROAR!!!"
Me  "You had to see that one coming dude..."

  Cute moment number two.  Molly has started to really get into babies and dressing her dolls.  She carried them around, and she even attempted to dress the dog, much to the dog's dismay...On our way to a family movie night, she insisted on bringing her babies to "our picnic."  She picked two dolls, brought a separate blanket for them, and held them in the car.  She insisted that they have car seats as well, but I explained she was just going to have to share her seat with the dolls.  As we walked across the parking lot to the field for our movie night, she stopped in her tracks, a baby under each arm, and said, "Oh no Mommy, I need their stroller."  I have finally gotten to a stroller free point in my life, and now we need one for her dolls??

   Finally, after a fun evening out with our family, Colin says simply "Thank you for taking me to the movie at my school."  What an awesome thing to hear.  It is incredible to hear positive feedback from my little guys.  Not only do I know they had a great time, but it is nice to know that they are learning to be thankful and use great manners.  Maybe we are doing something right after all??

PS...Totally awesome moment this week as a mother.  Molly's teacher confessed that she has asked herself "What would Heidi do??"  Not only is this woman an incredible teacher and mom, she is super organized, and she has taught both of my children.  I have to admit, I am slightly flattered.  I am glad that my offbeat parenting style can inspire others at times.  When she told me this, I said "The answer is almost always have another cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and try to relax and remember that no matter what, it usually isn't as bad as it seems."


No comments:

Post a Comment