The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

   Today is my first actual attempt at a blog post.  I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but perhaps it will become an outlet for me, as well as record the hilarious stories of my children's daily adventures.  Previous to this blog being created, I was simply using my Facebook page to post my stories.  I will do my best to transfer some of those posts, and create an archive of stories.  The stories frequently build off of each other.  One thing that you will quickly discover is that my daughter is my "wild child."  She is the very reason I may eventually need a 12 step program.  She has an incredible smile, very busy, but has developed a love for stripping.  The girl loves to be naked, and this of course leads to some humorous situations.
   Today was one of those days.  We had a fabulous play date at the zoo with our friends, and while I was hopeful she would fall asleep on the way home, I realized quickly that it simply wasn't going to happen.  Colin stopped napping at the ripe old age of 3, and Molly is following in those footsteps.  I am mourning the loss of that brief 1-2 hours of the day in which I am only responsible for one of the children.  Oh well, I should have known it was coming.  I mean, the girl is like the Energizer bunny.  Which is why coffee has become so important to me.  I didn't drink coffee, outside of the occasional girly drink in the mall.  Now it is a daily addiction, a ritual, sometimes morning and afternoon ritual....Anyway, back to the crazy, naked toddler.
     Colin and Daddy have been taking an evening run, and this leaves me with the now slap happy, overly exhausted(due to the lack of napping) Molly.  Trying to get this girl to do anything now that her favorite word is "no" is almost impossible.  I went into the kitchen to get her "chocwat mik" that she had requested, and I returned to find her standing in the middle of our king sized bed, removing her clothes, and singing "Happy Birthday."  I promise you, after taking a minute to just take in the whole situation, I started laughing.  I know, I know, it is the last thing I should have done.  It just reinforces the behavior.  But seriously???  Does God just have that much of a sense of humor?  It could have only been funnier if I taught her to sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President"  Does this stuff happen to other moms?  Where did she come up with this? Because I promise, she has never seen this done in our house.  Kids are just naturally funny.  I am sure it is simply that she only knows a couple of songs, and that she likes to take her clothes off, but I promise you, I am starting to worry about her teen years already.

2 comments:

  1. a great start...keep plugging away and in no time you find a book hidden in here...my daughter just 'loves' when I tell about her naked toddlerhood. I know your Molly will feel the same...

    ReplyDelete