The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

bathroom tea party...

   This morning, Molly was in rare form.  It took me almost two hours to get the kids ready and out the door.  One of the biggest hurdles was finding her elbow deep in the potty, playing with a tea cup.  She had it filled with water, and just a couple of inches from her lips when I spotted her.  I ran up, grabbed her hand, and she dropped the tea cup in the potty...just after she had hit the flush knob...Well crap, it can't possibly go down, it is just too big, I think to myself.  Well, until my totally awesome toilet in our master bathroom proves me wrong.  Have you ever seen that commercial where the man sees the hot female plumber, and then he tries to flush things down the toilet, so that he will need her services, but it flushes everything...yeah that is our toilet.  At this point, Molly is crying about her teacup, and I want to cry because I know this will require a plumber.  After a little surface digging, I don't feel anything, I decide to just go ahead and leave, and meet my friend for lunch as planned.  I call our plumber, and he says he can come in the morning.  Now back to getting ready to leave.  Molly proceeds to fall off the step stool while brushing her teeth, and she cut her knee open.  For some reason, this tiny cut is bleeding everywhere. After several minutes of pressure, I put on a Dora bandaid, and we are finally ready to go.  Molly is still so upset, pink blankie has to come with us.
    Lunch was as uneventful as it can be with two toddlers in a restaurant, and we returned home after a quick trip through Costco.  While unloading the groceries, I decide I need to give this potty problem one more shot on my own. In the end, I am a bit of a red neck girl at heart.  I don't mind giving some home repairs a shot, and I also don't mind getting a little dirty. I turn on Nick Jr, so the kids are hypnotized, and hopefully will stay out of trouble, and I dig out my elbow length rubber gloves from under the kitchen sink.  I proceed to put my hand down as far as it will go into the toilet, and I can feel the edge of the teacup at my fingertips.  After some stealthy and patient maneuvering,  I manage to pull out the teacup.  I call Mike to report my triumph, and he asks me how I did it.  I simply said, "Well after 12 years as an L&D nurse, I am pretty good with a pair of gloves, and tight spaces."  Mike laughed and said, "I love that I married a red neck girl sometimes."  Crisis averted, and one less plumbing bill for our family :)

PS...I am down 6 lbs :)  It isn't much, but it's a start.  And any hint of baby fever was cured when I realized this morning that those babies grow up, and flush teacups down your toilet....

No comments:

Post a Comment