The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Thursday, March 29, 2012

today...today I need a clone

   Today...today I need a clone.  Well, actually most days, I could use a clone of myself.  No matter what I recommend as an activity, I can't seem to get both kids on board.  I got them outside earlier.  For a few minutes, things were going well.  Colin was riding his bike on the front porch, and Molly was thrilled with her sidewalk chalk.  The debate began when Molly wanted to go to the bottom of the driveway to draw, and Colin wanted to ride his bike on the porch.  I tried to talk Molly into drawing on the sidewalk in the front yard, but she was set on going downstairs to draw.  So then I tried to talk Colin into riding his bike down at the foot of the driveway.  No way.  He had set up camp upstairs.  Something had to give, so eventually Colin agreed to come down to where Molly wanted to play.  Then they fought over the sidewalk chalk...Ok, new activity.  Molly wants to go down in the back yard by the creek, but mommy is just not up for that.  I talk them both into going inside, and playing with our super cool bounce house.  All is fine, until Molly needs to go pee.  She strips from the waist down, and pee pees in the big girl potty downstairs:)  Yay for Molly!!  Now, she refuses to put pants back on.  What ever, I could care less.  We are inside our own house, not in a public jump place.  I send her into the jump house with Colin, sans pants.  It doesn't take long in their disagreeable state, for it to turn into Baby Thunder Dome 2012.  They are out for blood.  Both kids are crying, and I have no idea who started what.  Time out for both kids, and I hit the button on the blower for the jump house.  Now they are both crying because they want to jump more. Could have fooled me.  Alright, now to find a new activity.  We head upstairs, and I bring out the crayons.  Colin is not interested today, so he goes to play with some toys in the living room.  I sit down to check out Facebook, and my new blog.  Earlier in the day, I had posted pics of the rash around Molly's mouth, and asked for advice.  In the brief amount of time I was online, Molly has covered her face in glue and markers.  This might give some insight into our rash...perhaps she has done this with something else this week.  No telling what, but I conclude the rash could be self inflicted as I try wash her face and hands.  I have some dino nuggets in the oven for Molly right now.  When she is finished with those, we are taking a walk.  It is a beautiful day, and at least they will both be in 5 point restraints.  I am sure there will be some hitting on the way to the playground, but hopefully a little free play on a playground will help our situation.  I have a feeling, that no matter what playground I pick, it will be the wrong one.  Oh well, time to strap on my super mommy cape, and finish another day.  Is it bath time yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment