The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Evolution??

   Today, I had a few crazy thoughts flit through my mind.  Thought number one...Should I just stop breaking up the fights, and watch evolution take place??  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have said "get off your brother/sister" or "no biting" or my personal favorite "stop hitting your brother/sister in the head."  I remember a story from my own childhood.  My brother and I were fighting, and my mother was over it.  She handed us wiffle ball bats(the plastic ones) and told us to go out in the back yard.  She said "who ever wins, come back in and tell me."  Alan and I ran outside with our weapons at hand, but stopped before we ever started.   Our initial joy at being allowed to beat the crap out of each other, was quickly replaced by the horror that our mother was going to let us beat the crap out of each other.  Today, I totally understood why she did what she did.  Sadly, my babies are not old enough to understand that lesson yet, so I have many more battles to break up.  
    Thought number two...I wonder how that whipped cream flavored vodka would taste in my coffee??  No, I didn't follow through on that thought either.  Instead, we met some friends at a park for a play date, and I walked almost 4 miles round trip to Publix for milk and bananas, pushing both kids in the stroller.  And I swear, it was up hill both ways.  I had Special K cereal for breakfast, a salad for lunch, well...and sadly Yogli Mogli for dinner.  At least I exercised, and did well before dinner.  Another small triumph.  Colin announced on our way home that he had to pee, but he held it the entire ride home.  So proud.  Molly peed in the potty twice today, and she has even started taking her pull up or diaper off to do it herself, with no prompting.  I think we might be getting somewhere.  Another successful day coming to a close.  Now for Grey's Anatomy and The Big Bang Theory...and maybe that whipped cream vodka in a Diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment