The Bryan Kids 2014

The Bryan Kids 2014

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mommy, I pooped!!!

   "Mommy, I pooped!!!"  A phrase you would think I would love to hear.  Of course, it strikes just a little bit of fear in your heart until you find out where said child pooped.  If they pooped in the potty, fabulous. If they pooped in their pull up, at least it is contained.  But of course as Molly runs up to me at the computer, and proudly states "Mommy, I pooped."  I know nothing good is going to come from this statement.  She has been running around without pants on since we got home from our errands, so my chances are decreasing greatly that the poop is in the potty, or even the bathroom, as she takes me by the hand to show me her prize.  She leads me past both bathrooms, to my room, where her freshly laid pile of poop it waiting for me. As I look down at my very excited daughter, I hate to burst her bubble, and explain, yet again, that poop goes in the potty, not on the floor by mommy's bed, and down your leg, and on your dress.  She seems so proud.  I think she thought she did something good by not going in her pull up.  How do you explain to a toddler that potty time is a lot like real estate, location, location, location. Pee pee and poop are wonderful...when they are in the potty. Molly is in the shower for a hose down while I write this, and then we are all headed out to a park for some play time, in the 80 degree heat...Mental note.  IHOP is bad for the diet, and for getting me back into my shorts from last year.  I refuse to buy bigger shorts, so I better back away from the table, and maybe hit the gym tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment